Change your business a day at a time

I've talked a lot about mission statements, goals and marketing plans which are so effective in taking your business to the place you want it. Don't stop there because usually these plans are done for a year at a time and if the plans are monitored daily, they can go by the wayside quickly.

That is why I am a big proponent of a daily plan for marketing and prospecting. This is a day-by-day list of what you are going to do to accomplish all the things in your yearly marketing plan. If you are anything like me after a day of listing appointments, showing property, and keeping my escrows alive I tend to let the things that aren't urgent slip by and pretty soon the things that keep the business alive past your current escrows.

I actually have a partner that makes sure all of the e-mail and mailed marketing gets done, and if I didn't have her I couldn't make it. What I have to do is get out among people; I have to make phone calls and write personal notes. I need to preview property, get to community events, and of course, I need to blog. I have all of these types of activities listed a daily activity sheet so I know immediately upon getting up what I need to do each day for marketing and prospecting. This is above and beyond my to-do list for my current escrows and preparing for buyer and listing appointments.

Below is my daily activity sheet. I have been using it since the beginning of December and have added three new escrow and landed three new listings. Trust me, it is just another tool to give yourself that will help you survive another year in this market!



Daily Activity
Week of___________________

Monday
Escrow meeting Tiffany and Michelle
Send out queues
Pass out 10 business cards
Write in blog
Listings update
Weekly Empowerment meeting
Pick-of-the Week

Tuesday
Five personal notes to database
Send out queues
Pass out 10 business cards
Preview 2 properties
Write in blog

Wednesday
Office meeting
Send out queues
Preview 3 properties
Pass out 10 business cards
Write in blog

Thursday
Client lunch
Send out queues
Phone three clients from database
Pass out 10 business cards
Chamber meeting (once a month)
Write in blog

Friday
Business-to-business meeting
Send out queues
Phone call two clients
Pass out 10 business cards
Write in blog


Saturday
Open house (every other Saturday)
Make phone calls if weekly goals were not accomplished
Send out note cards if weekly goal weren’t accomplished
Community event

Comments

  1. Hi Becky,

    It was nice seeing you this weekend (although unfortunate that the circumstances weren't brighter). Here's the site I was telling you about: http://twitter.com/

    I haven't signed up for an account myself, although I use an iPhone app that's pretty similar. Once you sign up for an account, you can then go into your dashboard on blogger to add your Twitter updates to your blog page. It's helpful for when you want to make a brief update but don't necessarily want/have time to write a full blog post.

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment