Are things really that bad?

I went to Arden Fair Mall last Friday around noon and could not find a parking space. I drove around and around and after 20 minutes I decided to pay the $3.00 and get valet parking. Then I get into the mall to have lunch and the place is packed. Granted it was noon on a Friday, but based on everything I read in read in the news, I figured people were choosing to eat at home these days.

I have noticed the stores are crowded as well. I have stood in more lines this season than I can any season I can remember in the last few years. It seems as though there are as many cashiers as usual, so I don't think the lines are being caused because of lack of help.

My point is that things may not be as bad as everyone is hearing. My thought is that bad news sells - and the media is taking full advantage of any and all negative news about the economy. In the meantime, the rest of the country will go about their business and, hopefully, an economic turnaround is going to happen sooner than later.

Comments